login register   email us
forums > Scout > surviving deadly contact

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail
Trackerdoc
8/14/2012 3:43:02 PM surviving deadly contact
i took the class with kelly this weekend and a sayoc tactical instructor through sigma 3 survival. I am sure it is the same as kevin periodically offers. the class was awesome. I cannot say enogh about the design, the thought into the class, the tactics and skills taught and the level of instruction. I was exposed to so many shooting platforms and was priviliged to take my son. safety and practical skills were emphasized and we left with way more than our moneys worth. why do I know I learned so much? because i was introduced to a scenario that is bound to happen and allowed to work it over and over, failing again and again until I finally said I cannot do it with my current skills and knowlege, then I was shown tactics that improved my survivability and tested over and over and won consitantly at the same challenge.
excellent class

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
8/14/2012 4:51:59 PM 
So what wa the class like. Imagine a mob coming at you armed with clubs and knives? How many could you handle with a knife a handgun, a carbine? Would you engage? Would you barricade? How aggressive is too aggressive? What if you have a dependent or are injured?
Now add carbines? How many carbines can you handlr coming at you? What kind of radius can you reasonably defend? What is cover? How do you use it and when do you leave it? How many times do you shoot? Double tap? Shoot once or shoot till you see grey matter?
How do you handle a misfire? Could you clear a jam or fix a malfunction in a firefight? How about transitioning to a secondary weapon?
How much ammo do you need? How do you access it and carry it? What is a good stance? How do you manage recoil and how does a great carbine compare to a poor carbine? All of the questions are explored and you get to experiment with these variables and so many more. All of this and so much more taught by guys who have been there and taught the best. Appreciate sigma 3 and Kelly and kevin and rich for all the great education. Now I am aware of the holes in my game and have patched many. I have a lifetime more to fix

(edit) | (quote)
RedcrossReborn
12/5/2012 2:59:41 PM 
Is this the Sigma III school you are refering to?

http://www.survivalschool.us/

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)