login register   email us
forums > Scout > Thank you Kevin for protection on 9/11/01

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail

9/11/2012 10:19:19 AM Thank you Kevin for protection on 9/11/01
Many years have passes since the Towers were hit. Everytime I hear a story of where someone was that day, I am even more grateful to have been in the safe arms of the staff at the Tracker school. I am extremely grateful to have been in the safety of the Pine Barrens with our faces in the dirt tracking.

We were tracking at the culvert area, and later that day doing the camo exercise on the side of the trail.

Kevin and the staff stayed at the school instead of going home to family. They brought us newspapers and played the radio on the tracking breaks. They told us what was going on with airports and flights home.

I believe Kevin was head instructor at the time and so he not only taught the classes, but also organized the information coming in and out.

Kevin, there arent enough words to say how safe you made us feel that week. In survival training, there is always the "what if", but that day it was the "if". It was a real shock to the world, and the way you helped us all by leading, by protecting, by caring.......You were a living example of the scout as protector....

As a result, Sept 11, is a memory of community working together, not just a memory of a tragic event that truely changed our country.

I'm glad to see your school florishing and that you and your staff are continuing to teach the skills in a real way that makes people feel safer.

Everytime I run into a student who was there that day, they/we all say the same thing. We would never have wanted to be anywhere else, but in the Pines.

Thanks for living the walk,

Erin J

(edit) | (quote)
RedcrossReborn
11/7/2012 7:39:36 PM Thanks
Thanks for sharing this. It gives me more respect for Kevin and OPT...and makes me even more excited about my first class next week!

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)