login register   email us
forums > Scout > Solar Options

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail
agentlance
11/3/2012 10:24:17 AM Solar Options
Hello all, I hope that everyone is doing well, especially those in the areas impacted by the hurricane. If there is anything that can be done to help, please post in the forum.

In light of all of the fuel issues due to the storm, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/reviews for solar options that would be effective in a time like this. I've been looking at the Goal Zero products and the reviews I've read have been positive. The Yeti 1250 looks like a heavy-duty option, but I was wondering if anyone had used this companies products or had suggestions for any other options. I'm looking for something that could keep basic appliances running during an extending power outage aside from a generator. I can't invest in a full solar array at this time. Thanks for your help.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
11/11/2012 10:41:28 AM 
I like the idea a solar generator like this and the largest out on the market approaches the size and expense of my propane home generator and runs the whole schebang! the otherthing i like about a prodct like this is it is portable and silent. my kohler generator kicks on and its pretty loud. I like the ability to charge with solar panels during the day and to be able to tie it to the grid for my homestead. dont know if this particular brand has one of the largest size. I also like that its simple, batteriesfail, but the mechanics and electronics on a simple off grid system or protable battery can be pretty simple.

(edit) | (quote)

1/5/2013 2:30:58 PM Solar Options
I'd go to Amazon to read customers' reviews on this product

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)