login register   email us
forums > Wilderness Survival > The triangle- three necessary points?

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail
trackerface
11/17/2012 9:49:13 PM The triangle- three necessary points?
So I was taught a concept about how to keep myself in check and in balance. I wanted to share this, but I am sure others have better approaches.

Think of a triangle. One point is for training and skills. Another point is for fitness. The last point is equipment. The concept is that if you find yourself going really deep into one of those (like buying lots of guns or gear) you often times are compensating for a lacking in another area (like fitness). The lesson was more for combat and such and it stressed staying strong in all the areas.

I figure we may as well use this model for stuff in this forum as well. In wilderness survival "minimalist" concepts the point is to remove or be able to function with less equipment. In accordance to the triangle concept we then go deeper into one or both of the other two ends of the triangle (I previously suggested that this meant a compensation for a lacking). Normally that is seen as a negative thing. Being able to abandon the equipment, however, is the goal here. So here it is a good thing.

I would say that at one point, though, you eventually need to start trying to think of what equipment makes survival more streamlined and efficient. So maybe coming back to the triangle isn't bad at this point (only after you can be without the equipment). I feel this especially holds true if family and community becomes involved. You might be able to survive well on your own or with a couple people but when you start needing to provide for many it becomes more important for you to be able to to it efficiently. I love the bow drill, but it takes a lot longer to make one of those and get a fire going than to use a flint striker, or a match.

I will admit maybe this reveals that I lack in skill and therefore feel the need to go back to equipment. I hope people think about this. My guess is people will at least agree with my first part up until I said that we then need to go back to equipment.

(edit) | (quote)
trackerface
11/17/2012 9:52:10 PM 
Obviously I left out other parts of being "balanced". Emotional, mental, spiritual, etc. These are all important as well, but lets try to explore this "physical" side of things first if possible.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
11/21/2012 7:40:55 AM 
I am glad you mentioned the mental side of things. I am a huge fan of adaptability. being flexible and training for many circumstances helps us be adaptable. having skills and knowlege is great, having equipment food is great, but having the will and ability to act use these is another huge part.

I have stored up supplies and taken million classes, now i have lots of knowlege. I now enjoy the testing of those skillsand knowlege. give me a test, it finds the holes in my game. start mentoring me now that you have taught me. Knowlege has now been presented, but now I am looking to apply it. for me, its the ultimate way to achieve balance.

good thoughts.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
11/21/2012 7:41:30 AM 
wow that was kinda rambling for a response. sorry.

(edit) | (quote)

1/16/2014 1:29:38 AM 
As we know for different people they use different kinds of mobile phone signals. Just as the people around you like your friends, your colleagues, your family members and so on, they may use the different mobile phone signals as now there are various mobile phone signals from different companies and of which the frequency bands are also different such as the CDMA, GSM, DCS, PCS, 3G, 4G LTE and 4G Wimax. So in different conditions and circumstances people are in need of the mobile phone jammers that of different frequency bands. But if people are in great need of a mobile phone jammer via which they can decide the jamming frequency bands what kind of device should they choose? Of course, the 434mhz is the best for them in such condition.

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)