login register   email us
forums > Current Events / World Affairs > "US is on the slippery slope to economic collapse"

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail
SnakeTracker
9/13/2009 5:32:45 PM "US is on the slippery slope to economic collapse"
This is a candid outside viewpoint of the current economic situation in the US. It is in agreement with what numerous predictors of this event have stated: Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, Gerald Celente, Michael Maloney and David Walker.

Pay attention to the details, as he seems to have encapsulated most everything I've studied for the last 18 months. This is 10 minutes well spent. Don't pass it up.

(edit) | (quote)
Yoink
9/13/2009 7:39:56 PM 
Thanks for posting that link. He says some scary stuff but it all seems true and valid. Doesn't take a genius to see that over spending your means and living on credit is going to come back and bite you in the assets.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
9/14/2009 12:55:15 PM 
The guy sounds pretty sharp. Makes you want to run and buy gold. how would one go about buying gold for investment?

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/15/2009 1:16:48 AM 
You can buy American Gold Eagles directly from:

www.APMEX.com

or

www.BullionDirect.com

For large purchases, you will need to call them, and wire the money from your bank. After you have established an account, they will let you buy with a debit card over the net.

The coins will be shipped directly to the location of your choice. I recommend keeping them in a floor safe, underground safe, or something similar. Do NOT use a Safe Deposit Box. You may not get them back if the economy tanks. Also, you can buy Silver from them as well. While I have American Silver Eagles, I recommend buying 1 oz bars since Silver is an industrial metal. 1 oz Gold Eagles are the best way to buy gold since they are technically actual US currency with a face value of $50.

I have had good results with both of these companies. There are others, but these are the only two I can recommend.

To have a thorough understanding of the history, patterns and system, I recommend reading Michael Maloney's book, "How to Invest in Gold and Silver".

(edit) | (quote)
Barbarian
9/15/2009 9:45:19 AM 
If you find a local coin or antique dealer you may be able to buy gold and silver coins at spot price. A lot of people are selling right now and I see no reason to to pay for shipping and new coin premiums if you don't have to. You may also find old 90% silver coins for less than spot. If you have the money put an ad in the paper advertising that you will pay cash for gold and silver.

Remember that gold and silver are money and a great way to save that will probably increase in value, but you can't eat money, it won't keep you warm, and may only protect you against vampires.

(edit) | (quote)
Aaron
9/17/2009 7:57:39 PM 
www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

This series changed my entire perspective on life.
If you think that the economy can "return to normal" you owe it to yourself to spend some time and watch this presentation.

Cheers, and best wishes,

Aaron

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/18/2009 6:32:36 AM 
I watched it about a year ago, ordered 50 copies of the DVD's and handed them out to friends. And what really makes it stand out is that the numbers have gotten far worse since I watched it the first time.

So yeah, I second the motion............it's a must watch.

(edit) | (quote)
Aaron
9/19/2009 10:35:34 AM 
Snake Tracker,

I completely agree. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak, considering the Doc Finished the bulk of the presentation last year before the meltdown. Real life verification is always the ultimate arbiter of what predictions are legit and which are scare mongering.

Doc Martenson is legit.
Good to find another "like mind" out and about in the world of preparedness. I post to their forum, but most of the chitty-chat these days is topics that are way above the scope of the average person's influence. I prefer to address the problems I can fix or moderate.

Cheers!

Aaron

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/19/2009 10:56:17 AM 
Verification is everywhere you look. It's the saddest time in the history of the US, but the masses are largely unaware of just how close to the precipice we really are.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
9/20/2009 1:22:51 PM 
Well, I just ordered a few silver eagles and gold eagles at APMEX. It was my first precious metals purchase ever.

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/22/2009 11:52:23 PM 
Good deal. The bank isn't any better at storing your money than you are. The US dollar has lost 20% of it's buying power since 2001. In this economic climate, gold will hold it's buying power no matter what the dollar does. Gold (and silver) is first a store of value, and secondly an investment vehicle. In this political and economic climate, we need a good "store of value". Banks and the US dollar are just too precariously positioned.

A lot of people say that Silver is positioned much better than gold to increase in value. Look for videos by Michael Maloney to see why.

For those who can't afford to buy gold at this point, you should at least try to buy some Silver.

Remember - you're not really "buying gold". You're just converting your wealth into another form which is considered to be a safer store of value during troubled times.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
9/24/2009 2:52:27 PM 
I just got my little 1/10th oz gold american eagle and it is cute. it is about dime size and got it for around 100 dollars. the silver one oz. american eagles are much larger and are worth about 20 dollars. certainly based on weight, I think I would carry gold, and these smaller denominations could be cut if you needed to with a knife. this stuff is pretty soft. I may be hooked. I like the feel of this metal and will make a habit of buying a little with each paycheck. Maybe I have gold fever.

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/24/2009 9:23:49 PM 
When you hold 10 one ounce coins in your hand and realize that its ~$10,000, it's kind of surreal to realize how much work it represents.

(edit) | (quote)
Combat Medic
9/27/2009 2:44:28 PM Smaller Gold and Silver Coins
Hey Trackerdoc where are you buying these?

(edit) | (quote)
SnakeTracker
9/27/2009 7:03:10 PM 
The links are in one of my posts above.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
9/28/2009 7:49:04 AM 
combat medic, I looked at both and went with apmex. it cost me sales tax since it is in oklahoma with me, but should not with you. I have ordered a second time and am awaiting shipment for the second. I have been impressed so far, very easy and secure. I used to live in Edmond where this facility is at and I just felt more secure with it. I am sure there are cheaper ways to buy, but it was a good experience and I got exactly what I ordered.

(edit) | (quote)
Celery farmer
9/28/2009 6:35:48 PM Gold security
Hey Tracker Doc, what are your plans for keeping you sheckles secure? I haven't gotten mine as security and mobility are a problem because I am now moving around a lot. 8wks, 13 wks, 4wks here and there depending on how the piggy wiggy flu moves.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
9/29/2009 6:52:03 AM 
I am digging a hole and putting a 5 gallon bucket with a liner in it. I plan to only visit it rarely and was thinking of attaching a little pvc tubing with a coin slot in the endcap so I can drop them in without digging it up. I will acquire several and keep them in the house, then take a new route to the can and dump the coins. I briefly thought about a safety deposit box, but have decided against it.

(edit) | (quote)

12/28/2012 10:07:10 PM 
In your opinion, what can the gold metal detectors help you? In fact, on one hand it can help you to make your road of treasure hunting more fluently and bring you more surprise. Besides on the other hand it can also help people in other fields and aspects. For example by using the metal detector for gold the archologist can know the position of the metal items more clearly so that they wonn't do damaged to teh treasures when they do the digging. And in your daily life if you lost your ring and other metal items. The gold metal detectors can also help you to find it. Really useful, doesn't it?

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)